Why Lewis Capaldi Chose a Garden Room to Write His First Album
Garden studios and buildings have become increasingly popular over the years for their versatility in providing extra space and a unique place to relax and unwind. They can also serve as creative spaces for hobbies such as music, art, or writing.
One musician who found inspiration in a garden studio is Lewis Capaldi. The Scottish singer-songwriter rose to fame in 2019 with his hit song “Someone You Loved.” His debut album, “Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent,” was released in the same year and quickly became a chart-topping success. Fans were surprised that Capaldi had written the entire album from a garden building.
But why did Capaldi choose a garden studio to write his album? In this guide, we’ll explore the benefits of a garden building and how it can provide a creative space for musicians and other creatives.
The Benefits of Garden Studios and Buildings
Garden studios and buildings are a popular choice for homeowners who need extra space without the need or cost of a traditional extension. They can be used for various purposes, such as a home office, gym, playroom, guest room, or even as a creative space. Here are some of the main benefits of garden studios and buildings:
- Extra space without building an extension: Garden studios and buildings provide extra space without the need for a traditional extension. This can be a great option for those who have limited space or want to keep the cost down.
- Versatility: Garden studios and buildings can be used for a variety of purposes, from a home office to a gym or creative space. This versatility makes them a popular choice for homeowners who need extra space for their hobbies or work.
- Natural light: Most garden studios and buildings come with large windows or doors, allowing for plenty of natural light to enter the space. This can help to create a bright and welcoming environment, perfect for creative work.
- Connection to nature: Garden studios and buildings are typically surrounded by the beauty of nature, providing a calming and peaceful atmosphere. This connection to nature can be especially beneficial for creatives who need a relaxing space to work.
- Increased property value: Adding a garden studio or building can increase the value of your property. It’s a smart investment that not only provides extra space but also adds value to your home. https://heritagegardenstudios.com/2023/01/how-much-value-does-a-garden-room-add/
Types of Garden Studios and Buildings
There are several types of garden studios and buildings available, each with its own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most popular types:
- Detached garden buildings: These are freestanding structures that are not attached to your home. They can be built in a variety of sizes and styles and provide a completely separate space from the main house.
- Portable garden studios: These are prefabricated structures that can be easily moved. They are a great option for those who want a flexible space or who may need to move their garden studio in the future.
- Timber-framed garden buildings: These are popular for those who want a more traditional look. They are typically made from high-quality wood and provide a natural and warm atmosphere.
- Steel-framed garden buildings: These are a more modern option that provides a sleek and contemporary look. They are often used for garden buildings that need to be weatherproof.
Choosing the Right Garden Studio or Building for You
When choosing a garden studio or building, there are several factors to consider, including:
- Purpose: What will you be using the garden studio or building for? If you need a quiet space to work from home, you’ll need a different type of space than if you want to use it as a gym or a playroom.
- Size: How much space do you need? If you’re just using the garden studio or building for yourself, you can get away with a smaller space. But if you need to accommodate multiple people or a lot of equipment, you’ll need a larger area.
- Style: What style do you want your garden studio or building to have? Do you want it to match your home’s exterior, or do you want it to have its own unique style?
- Materials: What materials are you interested in? Garden studios and buildings can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, metal, and plastic. Choose the materials that you think will best suit your needs and budget.
- Price: How much are you willing to spend on a garden studio or building? Garden studios and buildings can range in price from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. Set a budget before you start shopping so that you don’t overspend.
- Location: Where will you put your garden studio or building? Make sure that you have enough space for it in your garden and that it will be in a convenient location.
- Maintenance: How much maintenance will your garden studio or building require? Some materials, such as wood, require more maintenance than others. Choose materials that you think will be easy to maintain.
- Warranty: Does the company that you’re buying from offer a warranty on their garden studios or buildings? A warranty can give you peace of mind knowing that you’re covered if something goes wrong.
- By considering all of these factors, you can choose the perfect garden studio or building for your needs.
Garden rooms are a great way to add extra living space to your home, and they can be used for a variety of purposes.
Popular uses for garden rooms include:
- Home office: A garden office is a great way to create a dedicated workspace in your garden. It can be used for working from home, running a small business, or simply as a quiet place to relax and get some work done.
- Garden gym: A garden gym is a great way to get fit and healthy without having to leave your home. It can be equipped with a variety of gym equipment, such as treadmills, exercise bikes, and weight benches.
- Yoga Studio and relaxation room: A garden room is the perfect place to do yoga, the natural light and the tranquillity of being away from the hustle and bustle of home life create a peaceful environment.
- Hobby room: A hobby room is a great place to pursue your creative hobbies. It can be used for activities such as painting, crafting, music, or photography.
- Music Room: just like Lewis Capaldi and Gary Barlow, many artists have built garden rooms to house all of their instruments and create a perfect sanctuary to compose music and rehearse.
- Soundproof studio: A soundproof studio is a great place to record music, podcasts, or other audio projects. They are designed to block out noise from the outside world, so you can focus on your work.
- Living annexe: A living annexe is a great way to add extra living space to your home. It can be used as a guest bedroom, playroom, or home office for family and friends.
No matter what your needs are, there is sure to be a garden room that is perfect for you. With so many different options to choose from, you can find the perfect garden room to add value to your home and improve your quality of life. And with planning permission rarely required installing a garden room is a much quicker option than building an extension. Check out our gallery for more ideas.